Lead Generation gets
your Sales Lead System started
GENERATE—– CAPTURE—– QUALIFY —–NURTURE—– MEASURE
What is lead generation?
Lead generation (also known as demand generation) generally refers to the front end of the sales process.
Lead generation is the initial outreach to your target audience that results in some form of response – an inquiry, a prospect, a qualified lead.
Leads can be generated through a variety of marketing activities – by phone, direct mail, email, advertising, press releases, article writing, public speaking, trade shows and social media.
The choice of activity will vary with each business and target market, but every activity can and should be tracked and measured for response.
Direct mail for lead generation
Direct mail is a powerful tactic for generating sales leads – for several reasons:
- Direct mail is targeted – When you combine the right mailing lists with careful segmentation and personalization, you can find and reach almost anyone.
- Direct mail is measurable – Nothing is sacred in direct mail. If it doesn’t work, it doesn’t stay. You can and should measure everything.
- Direct mail is scalable – When you find something that works, you can scale up your mailing quantities to deliver the right number of responses you need to fill your pipeline.
- Direct mail fits all budgets – You don’t need large budgets to use direct mail. You can generate response from mailing quantities of a few thousand – or even a few hundred.
- Direct mail works on your schedule – There is no publishing calendar to worry about. The only deadlines are your deadlines. When you mail is entirely up to you.
- Direct mail can’t be ignored – Through relevant messaging and personalization, you can be sure your mailing will be seen by your target audience – even if they eventually throw it away.
The 9 Keys to Successful Direct Mail
Direct mail is a bit of a juggling act with many factors contributing to your success. Here are our nine keys to success:
- Planning with realistic expectations
- Choosing the right mailing lists
- Developing a powerful offer
- Finding the right creative approach
- Selecting the right direct mail format
- Setting up multiple response channels
- Working within your budget
- Tracking and measuring response
- Adjusting and revising to improve response
The Sales Lead System
The Sales Lead System is a series of marketing communications activities that is custom-developed for your sales and marketing operation.
We combine proven strategic and creative tactics in direct mail, email, landing pages and web forms to deliver a closed-loop lead generation and lead nurturing process.
If some of these activities already exist, we can adapt to your program and provide you with just those services you may need.
Start with a FREE Audit
The Sale Lead System is developed for your sales program – and we start with the program you already have in place.
We will map out your current process from initial inquiry to close. We’ll look at what’s working and what needs improving.
And then we’ll off some fresh ideas – to improve your tracking, your measurement, your creative and your results.
To arrange your FREE audit, call Bob McCarthy at 508-473-8643.